Sinclair Broadcast Group Sponsors the 2016 National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalist Convention
WASHINGTON, D.C. (August 5, 2016) – Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to announce it partnered with the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) and National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) for their 2016 convention in Washington, D.C.
Sinclair sponsored the professional development learning lab titled “Building Your Brand: How to Use Social Media to Become a Better Journalist and Stand Out at Your News Organization.” This all-day learning lab featured three dynamic morning panel discussions and two hands-on afternoon breakout sessions: one for journalists who need basic help boosting their social media profile and one for more seasoned social media users. Attendees received indispensable lessons about how to post to social media, how to grow followers and “likes” on the platforms and how to go from good to great on their accounts.
“There was something for everyone. If you had an egg as a profile pic on Twitter, we helped. If you had 1,000 followers and you were looking to double them, we equipped you with the info to succeed,” said Manny Fantis, Sinclair’s Director of Digital and National News Content.
“This is an ideal opportunity for our representatives to enhance relationships with Black and Hispanic journalists from across the country,” said Scott Livingston, Sinclair’s Vice President of News. “We are pleased to continue to partner with associations like NABJ and NAHJ that continuously promote and encourage the careers of journalists nationwide.” Sinclair also participated in the convention’s career fair and was pleased to have met and interviewed over a hundred journalists and media professionals.
The joint NABJ and NAHJ conference will conclude August 7, 2016 at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. More than 4,000 journalists, media executives, public relations professionals and students are expected to attend.
The National Association of Black Journalists is an advocacy group established in 1975 in Washington, D.C. NABJ is the largest organization for journalists of color in the nation, and provides career development as well as educational and other support to its members worldwide. The National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) is dedicated to the recognition and professional advancement of Hispanics in the news industry.
About Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country. Including pending transactions, the Company owns, operates and/or provides services to 172 television stations in 81 markets, broadcasting 478 channels and having affiliations with all the major networks. Sinclair is the leading local news provider in the country, as well as a producer of live sports content. Sinclair’s content is delivered via multiple-platforms, including over-the-air, multi-channel video program
distributors, and digital platforms. The Company regularly uses its website as a key source of Company information which can be accessed at
For press inquiries, contact:
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast And Nexstar Media Announce Agreement On Market Transition From ATSC 1.0 To ATSC 3.0 “NextGen” Services
- Sinclair Promotes Fred Corbus To General Manager In Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Sinclair To Report Second Quarter 2017 Results On August 2, 2017 At 7:30AM
- Tribune Media Company Announces Successful Consent Solicitation With Respect To Its 5.875% Senior Notes Due 2022
- Sinclair Names Dan Barnathan VP Family And Children’s Programming And Sales; Jonathan Dern Executive Producer
- Sinclair Names Myrland Clarke Director of Sales/Station Manager in Toledo, Ohio
- Sinclair Response To Denial Of Emergency Stay Of The UHF Discount
- Northwest Broadcasting Joins Sinclair, Nexstar and Univision As the First Affiliate Member In the Consortium To Promote Broadcast Spectrum Aggregation, Innovation and Monetization
- Tribune Media Company Announces Consent Solicitation With Respect To Its 5.875% Notes Due 2022
- CBS And Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Announce Affiliation Agreement Renewals