Contact: Jamie Dembeck, VP, Human Resources
IBEW DECERTIFIED AT SINCLAIR STATION, WTOV, IN STEUBENVILLE, OHIO
BALTIMORE (February 13, 2017) – – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (the “Company” or “Sinclair”) announced today that on December 29, 2016, employees of its station in Steubenville, OH, WTOV (NBC/FOX), filed a petition with the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) to decertify the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (“IBEW”) Local Union 246. On January 24, 2017, a secret ballot election was held. All employees who voted elected to no longer have representation by the IBEW. On February 2, 2017, WTOV received official notice from the NLRB that it had certified the results of the election and that the IBEW is no longer the exclusive representative of the employees in that bargaining unit.
Read more…News Release IBEW Decertification 02 09 2017 (2)
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Promotes James Grilli to General Manager in Dayton, Ohio
- Sinclair Kicks Off 2017-2018 High School Sports Season
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces Expanded National Investigative Initiative
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and CBS Announce Affiliation Agreement Renewals
- Sinclair Raises Almost $1.35 Million For Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort, Donates $100,000
- Sinclair Closes On Acquisition Of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc.
- Sinclair Announces Affiliation Agreement Renewals With Fox Broadcasting Company In Five Markets
- Sinclair Cares Teams Up With The Salvation Army On Sinclair “Standing Strong For Texas” Relief Effort; Sinclair To Match First $100,000 Donated
- Sinclair Leverages Power Of Newsrooms Throughout The Country To Cover Historic Eclipse
- Sinclair Names Scott Ehrlich Vice President Of Emerging Platform Content