Contact: Jamie Dembeck, VP, Human Resources
IBEW DECERTIFIED AT SINCLAIR STATION, WTOV, IN STEUBENVILLE, OHIO
BALTIMORE (February 13, 2017) – – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (the “Company” or “Sinclair”) announced today that on December 29, 2016, employees of its station in Steubenville, OH, WTOV (NBC/FOX), filed a petition with the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) to decertify the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (“IBEW”) Local Union 246. On January 24, 2017, a secret ballot election was held. All employees who voted elected to no longer have representation by the IBEW. On February 2, 2017, WTOV received official notice from the NLRB that it had certified the results of the election and that the IBEW is no longer the exclusive representative of the employees in that bargaining unit.
Read more…News Release IBEW Decertification 02 09 2017 (2)
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair To Report Fourth Quarter 2019 Results On February 26, 2020 At 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Announces Partial Redemption of Diamond Sports Holdings Preferred Units
- STIRR Expands on 1-Year Anniversary with New Program Offerings
- Sinclair/ONE Media’s Fred Baumgartner Wins Prestigious Broadcasting & Cable “Technology Leadership Award”
- Joint Venture between SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Launches ATSC 3.0 Next Gen Broadcast Solutions Business in U.S.
- Sinclair Names Matthew Morse General Manager In Fresno, California
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Congratulates ITU On Approving ATSC 3.0 As An International Recommended Digital Terrestrial TV Standard
- Sinclair Announces Local News & Marketing Services Division Promotions
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Minimum Hourly Wage to $15
- Sinclair Hires Susan Connor As Vice President/General Manager Of KTVL In Medford, OR