Contact: Jamie Dembeck, VP, Human Resources
IBEW DECERTIFIED AT SINCLAIR STATION, WTOV, IN STEUBENVILLE, OHIO
BALTIMORE (February 13, 2017) – – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (the “Company” or “Sinclair”) announced today that on December 29, 2016, employees of its station in Steubenville, OH, WTOV (NBC/FOX), filed a petition with the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) to decertify the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (“IBEW”) Local Union 246. On January 24, 2017, a secret ballot election was held. All employees who voted elected to no longer have representation by the IBEW. On February 2, 2017, WTOV received official notice from the NLRB that it had certified the results of the election and that the IBEW is no longer the exclusive representative of the employees in that bargaining unit.
Read more…News Release IBEW Decertification 02 09 2017 (2)
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Promotes Steven Flint to General Manager in Tri-Cities, TN/VA
- Sinclair Names Brian Bark VP/Chief Information Officer And Mike Kralec VP/Technical Operations And Deputy Chief Technology Officer
- Sinclair Re-Elects Board and Ratifies Independent Auditor
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Racks up Awards for Journalistic Excellence, including Best Newscast
- Sinclair Wins FAA Approval for Night Drone Operations
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Earns 222 Emmy® Nominations in Local Markets across the U.S.
- Sinclair Declares $0.18 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Sinclair Provides Additional Information About Agreements to Sell TV Stations Related to Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Removed From Sony Vue Platforms