May 25, 2016
PRESS STATEMENT IN RESPONSE TO THE THIRD CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS VACATING THE FCC’S RULE TO MAKE JOINT SALES AGREEMENTS ATTRIBUTABLE
In response to the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit’s ruling ordering the FCC to update media ownership rules and vacating its rule attributing joint sales agreements (JSA) between television broadcasters to local ownership caps, the following statement can be attributed to David Smith, President and CEO of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.:
The Third Circuit did the right thing today, holding the FCC accountable to conduct a Congressionally-mandated review of its ownership rules. We hope that the FCC will not only comply with the obligation to undertake and complete this review, but more importantly will take into account the current media landscape in adhering to the Congressional mandate to eliminate rules which are no longer necessary in the public interest. Doing so would acknowledge broadcast television’s importance to the public interest and help broadcasters compete against giant pay-TV corporations that are allowed to scale without restriction, at the eventual expense of the American viewer.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Names Lou Ferrara Chief Creative and Content Officer at Circa
- Sinclair Promotes Steven Flint to General Manager in Tri-Cities, TN/VA
- Sinclair Names Brian Bark VP/Chief Information Officer And Mike Kralec VP/Technical Operations And Deputy Chief Technology Officer
- Sinclair Re-Elects Board and Ratifies Independent Auditor
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Racks up Awards for Journalistic Excellence, including Best Newscast
- Sinclair Wins FAA Approval for Night Drone Operations
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Earns 222 Emmy® Nominations in Local Markets across the U.S.
- Sinclair Declares $0.18 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Sinclair Provides Additional Information About Agreements to Sell TV Stations Related to Closing Tribune Media Acquisition