May 25, 2016
PRESS STATEMENT IN RESPONSE TO THE THIRD CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS VACATING THE FCC’S RULE TO MAKE JOINT SALES AGREEMENTS ATTRIBUTABLE
In response to the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit’s ruling ordering the FCC to update media ownership rules and vacating its rule attributing joint sales agreements (JSA) between television broadcasters to local ownership caps, the following statement can be attributed to David Smith, President and CEO of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.:
The Third Circuit did the right thing today, holding the FCC accountable to conduct a Congressionally-mandated review of its ownership rules. We hope that the FCC will not only comply with the obligation to undertake and complete this review, but more importantly will take into account the current media landscape in adhering to the Congressional mandate to eliminate rules which are no longer necessary in the public interest. Doing so would acknowledge broadcast television’s importance to the public interest and help broadcasters compete against giant pay-TV corporations that are allowed to scale without restriction, at the eventual expense of the American viewer.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Promotes James Grilli to General Manager in Dayton, Ohio
- Sinclair Kicks Off 2017-2018 High School Sports Season
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces Expanded National Investigative Initiative
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and CBS Announce Affiliation Agreement Renewals
- Sinclair Raises Almost $1.35 Million For Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort, Donates $100,000
- Sinclair Closes On Acquisition Of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc.
- Sinclair Announces Affiliation Agreement Renewals With Fox Broadcasting Company In Five Markets
- Sinclair Cares Teams Up With The Salvation Army On Sinclair “Standing Strong For Texas” Relief Effort; Sinclair To Match First $100,000 Donated
- Sinclair Leverages Power Of Newsrooms Throughout The Country To Cover Historic Eclipse
- Sinclair Names Scott Ehrlich Vice President Of Emerging Platform Content