BOSTON, MA and BALTIMORE, MD – January 17, 2018 – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”), Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXST) (“Nexstar”), and Univision Local Media, Inc. (“Univision”) have reached an agreement with the leading wireless and broadcast infrastructure provider, American Tower Corporation (NYSE: AMT) (“American Tower”) to jointly construct and operate Single Frequency Network (SFN) sites to broadcast Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) 3.0 signals within the Dallas Designated Market Area (DMA), as a first step toward a national launch. The SFN will allow for the testing, validation and deployment of advanced next generation broadcast services, which will provide many benefits to consumers, including dramatically improved over-the-air reception, immersive audio, deep-indoor reception, mobile reception, zoned programming/advertising, automotive services and advanced emergency alerting, among others.
Read more…Dallas Trial Press Release FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Earns 222 Emmy® Nominations in Local Markets across the U.S.
- Sinclair Declares $0.18 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Sinclair Provides Additional Information About Agreements to Sell TV Stations Related to Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Removed From Sony Vue Platforms
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 45 Regional RTDNA Edward R. Murrow Awards
- Sinclair Enters Into Agreements To Sell TV Stations Related To Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Stations Earn Multiple Awards for Outstanding Journalism
- Sinclair to Report First Quarter 2018 Results on May 9, 2018 at 7:30am (Eastern Time) and Host Conference Call AT 9:00am ET
- Gaian Solutions, ONE Media 3.0, and Sinclair Broadcast Group Announce MOU to Lead Development and Implementation of Next Gen Broadcast Platform