Contact: Scott Livingston, Vice President of News
SINCLAIR LEVERAGES POWER OF NEWSROOMS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY TO COVER HISTORIC ECLIPSE
BALTIMORE, August 24, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SBGI) (“Sinclair”) stations throughout the country leveraged their collective newsgathering resources to provide un-paralleled coverage of Monday’s historic eclipse.
Ahead of the event all of Sinclair’s newsrooms went above in beyond, using on-air and digital platforms to ensure that their viewers had all the information necessary to enjoy the eclipse safely. Utilizing social media and our excellent digital resources, our stations provided viewers with information such as where to purchase eclipse glasses, to when they’d actually have a chance to spot the eclipse the day of.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Launches Free Live and On-Demand Streaming Service, STIRR
- SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair Broadcast Group Sign MOU
- Advanced ATSC 3.0 Chip Launched for Mobile and Broadcast Applications
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Sign Joint Venture Agreement
- Sinclair Names Eric J. Krieghoff To General Manager in Madison, Wisconsin
- Sinclair’s Vice President of Advanced Technology Wins Prestigious Industry Innovator Award, Presented by TV Technology
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces Management Team at New Streaming Service STIRR
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Partners with Renowned Pollster and Analyst Scott Rasmussen
- Sinclair Increases Quarterly Cash Dividend Per Share To $0.20
- Sinclair Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results