Contact: Scott Livingston, Vice President of News
SINCLAIR LEVERAGES POWER OF NEWSROOMS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY TO COVER HISTORIC ECLIPSE
BALTIMORE, August 24, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SBGI) (“Sinclair”) stations throughout the country leveraged their collective newsgathering resources to provide un-paralleled coverage of Monday’s historic eclipse.
Ahead of the event all of Sinclair’s newsrooms went above in beyond, using on-air and digital platforms to ensure that their viewers had all the information necessary to enjoy the eclipse safely. Utilizing social media and our excellent digital resources, our stations provided viewers with information such as where to purchase eclipse glasses, to when they’d actually have a chance to spot the eclipse the day of.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Declares $0.20 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Seven Local Television Stations in Portland, OR
- Comcast and Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. Announce Multi-Year Content Carriage Agreement
- Sinclair’s Jennifer Rieffer Becomes Vice President/General Manager in Flint, Michigan
- Sinclair Announces Scott Shapiro As Chief Strategy Officer Of Sports
- Sinclair Names Steve Rosenberg President of Local Sports
- Sinclair To Report Second Quarter 2020 Results On August 5, 2020 At 7:30 A.M. (Eastern Time)
- ViacomCBS And Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Announce Affiliation Renewal Agreement
- NEXTGEN TV Launches On Four Major Television Stations In Salt Lake City