Contact: Scott Livingston, Vice President of News
SINCLAIR LEVERAGES POWER OF NEWSROOMS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY TO COVER HISTORIC ECLIPSE
BALTIMORE, August 24, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SBGI) (“Sinclair”) stations throughout the country leveraged their collective newsgathering resources to provide un-paralleled coverage of Monday’s historic eclipse.
Ahead of the event all of Sinclair’s newsrooms went above in beyond, using on-air and digital platforms to ensure that their viewers had all the information necessary to enjoy the eclipse safely. Utilizing social media and our excellent digital resources, our stations provided viewers with information such as where to purchase eclipse glasses, to when they’d actually have a chance to spot the eclipse the day of.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Marquee Sports Network Names Senior Leadership
- Sinclair Declares $0.20 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2019 Financial Results
- Sinclair Broadcast Group To Acquire 21 Regional Sports Networks From Disney at a Valuation of $10.6 Billion
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 30 RTDNA Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards
- ACLU Of Nevada Honors Sinclair Broadcast Group’s KSNV News 3 With The “2019 Freedom Of The Press” Award
- Sinclair Broadcast News Affiliates Honored with Six National Headliner Awards
- Sinclair Broadcast Group’s High School Sports Division Named National Finalist in Cynopsis Sports Media Awards
- Sinclair To Report First Quarter 2019 Results on May 8, 2019 at 7:30am (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Promotes Susan Walther To General Manager in Portland, Maine