WASHINGTON POST AND CHICAGO TRIBUNE FORCED TO ISSUE CORRECTIONS FOR FALSE REPORTING REGARDING FCC DECISION ON SINCLAIR MERGER
Baltimore, MD (July 26, 2018) – Sinclair announced today it sent letters to the Washington Post and Chicago Tribune requesting corrections and apologies for significant errors in their reporting on the FCC’s decision involving the proposed merger between Sinclair Broadcast Group and Tribune Media. Both media outlets omitted a key word from the FCC statement to drastically distort the reality of the finding and reported that Sinclair had been found to lack candor, when in fact the FCC had merely referred the matter to an Administrative Law Judge to determine whether or not there had been a lack of candor. Both publications also did not refer to public statements from Sinclair which expressly denied that any lack of candor had occurred.
Read more…7.25.18 – Wash Po _Chi Tribune Corrections FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair To Report Fourth Quarter 2019 Results On February 26, 2020 At 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Announces Partial Redemption of Diamond Sports Holdings Preferred Units
- STIRR Expands on 1-Year Anniversary with New Program Offerings
- Sinclair/ONE Media’s Fred Baumgartner Wins Prestigious Broadcasting & Cable “Technology Leadership Award”
- Joint Venture between SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Launches ATSC 3.0 Next Gen Broadcast Solutions Business in U.S.
- Sinclair Names Matthew Morse General Manager In Fresno, California
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Congratulates ITU On Approving ATSC 3.0 As An International Recommended Digital Terrestrial TV Standard
- Sinclair Announces Local News & Marketing Services Division Promotions
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Minimum Hourly Wage to $15
- Sinclair Hires Susan Connor As Vice President/General Manager Of KTVL In Medford, OR