Scott Livingston, VP News
WJLA-TV Honored With Prestigious National Murrow Award
ABC7 Awarded for Breaking News Coverage of the 2015 Baltimore Riots
Maryland (June 21, 2016) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) announced that its Washington D.C. television station, WJLA-TV (ABC7 News), has been awarded the prestigious national Edward R. Murrow Award by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) for excellence in electronic journalism. The Murrow was given to the Washington-area station for the Breaking News Coverage of the 2015 “Baltimore Riots: A City Under Siege.” The RTDNA will host the Murrow Awards Gala on October 10th at New York City’s renowned Gotham Hall.
Read more…WJLA-TV Honored with Prestigious National Murrow Award
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Promotes James Grilli to General Manager in Dayton, Ohio
- Sinclair Kicks Off 2017-2018 High School Sports Season
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces Expanded National Investigative Initiative
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and CBS Announce Affiliation Agreement Renewals
- Sinclair Raises Almost $1.35 Million For Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort, Donates $100,000
- Sinclair Closes On Acquisition Of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc.
- Sinclair Announces Affiliation Agreement Renewals With Fox Broadcasting Company In Five Markets
- Sinclair Cares Teams Up With The Salvation Army On Sinclair “Standing Strong For Texas” Relief Effort; Sinclair To Match First $100,000 Donated
- Sinclair Leverages Power Of Newsrooms Throughout The Country To Cover Historic Eclipse
- Sinclair Names Scott Ehrlich Vice President Of Emerging Platform Content