Scott Livingston, VP News
WJLA-TV Honored With Prestigious National Murrow Award
ABC7 Awarded for Breaking News Coverage of the 2015 Baltimore Riots
Maryland (June 21, 2016) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) announced that its Washington D.C. television station, WJLA-TV (ABC7 News), has been awarded the prestigious national Edward R. Murrow Award by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) for excellence in electronic journalism. The Murrow was given to the Washington-area station for the Breaking News Coverage of the 2015 “Baltimore Riots: A City Under Siege.” The RTDNA will host the Murrow Awards Gala on October 10th at New York City’s renowned Gotham Hall.
Read more…WJLA-TV Honored with Prestigious National Murrow Award
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Names Lou Ferrara Chief Creative and Content Officer at Circa
- Sinclair Promotes Steven Flint to General Manager in Tri-Cities, TN/VA
- Sinclair Names Brian Bark VP/Chief Information Officer And Mike Kralec VP/Technical Operations And Deputy Chief Technology Officer
- Sinclair Re-Elects Board and Ratifies Independent Auditor
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Racks up Awards for Journalistic Excellence, including Best Newscast
- Sinclair Wins FAA Approval for Night Drone Operations
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Earns 222 Emmy® Nominations in Local Markets across the U.S.
- Sinclair Declares $0.18 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Sinclair Provides Additional Information About Agreements to Sell TV Stations Related to Closing Tribune Media Acquisition