SINCLAIR ANNOUNCES EXECUTIVE PROMOTIONS AND CHANGES
Baltimore, MD (November 2, 2016) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), one of the leading broadcasters in the country, announced the following executive promotions and changes which will become effective January 1, 2017:
• David Smith from Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer to Executive Chairman. Mr. Smith will have direct oversight of the development, implementation and globalization of the Next Generation Broadcast Platform (ATSC 3.0) and expansion of our news franchise. Mr. Smith will also be directly involved with public policy as it relates to the broadcast industry.
• Christopher Ripley from Chief Financial Officer to President & Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Ripley will oversee and manage the Company’s business and operations. Mr. Ripley will report to the Board of Directors.
• Lucy Rutishauser from SVP Corporate Finance & Treasurer to SVP Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer. Ms. Rutishauser will have direct oversight of the Company’s treasury, accounting, tax, finance, business intelligence & analytics, investor relations and corporate communications departments.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- ONE MEDIA Congratulates MPEG LA on the Formation of ATSC 3.0 Patent Pool
- NewsON Launches on Samsung TV Platform, Amplifying Robust Product Portfolio
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces Annual Diversity Scholarship Submission for 2022, Shaping the Future of Broadcasting
- Diamond Sports Group Enters Into Agreement with Creditors on Liquidity Enhancing Transaction
- Sinclair Announces Renewal of its Extended Market and Digital Rights Agreement with the NBA
- Significant Emergency Information Research Study Released
- Sinclair Announces Renewals of NBC and Fox Affiliation Agreements
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Supports Local Charities in TV Stations’ Holiday Donation Drives
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Nearly $175K for American Red Cross Tornado Relief
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Partners with the American Red Cross for Tornado Relief