Contact: Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Chief Financial Officer
SINCLAIR CLOSES ON ACQUISITION OF BONTEN MEDIA GROUP HOLDINGS, INC.
BALTIMORE (September 5, 2017) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) announced that, on Friday, September 1st, it closed on its previously announced purchase of the stock of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc. (“Bonten”), and that Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation (“Cunningham”) has also completed its purchase of the membership interest of Esteem Broadcasting, for an aggregate purchase price of $240.0 million. As a result of the transaction, Sinclair added 14 television stations in eight markets and Cunningham assumed the joint sales agreements under which Sinclair will provide services to four additional stations. The acquisition was funded through cash on hand.
Read more…Bonten Close
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins Four Telly Awards
- Diamond Sports Group Names Michael Schneider Chief Operating Officer and General Manager of Bally Sports Direct-to-Consumer Business
- Sinclair Names Scott Ehrlich as Company’s First Chief Innovation Officer
- Sinclair Names Ryan Moore Chief Revenue Officer and SVP of Digital Sales and Sports
- Sinclair Declares $.025 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- Diamond Sports Announces New Board of Managers
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins Six National Headliner Awards
- Sinclair Closes Refinancing and Extension of STG Credit Facilities
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names Kayla Gaskins National Correspondent for Washington DC Bureau