Contact: Scott Livingston, Vice President of News
SINCLAIR LEVERAGES POWER OF NEWSROOMS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY TO COVER HISTORIC ECLIPSE
BALTIMORE, August 24, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SBGI) (“Sinclair”) stations throughout the country leveraged their collective newsgathering resources to provide un-paralleled coverage of Monday’s historic eclipse.
Ahead of the event all of Sinclair’s newsrooms went above in beyond, using on-air and digital platforms to ensure that their viewers had all the information necessary to enjoy the eclipse safely. Utilizing social media and our excellent digital resources, our stations provided viewers with information such as where to purchase eclipse glasses, to when they’d actually have a chance to spot the eclipse the day of.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Announces Finance Organization Promotions
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names Joni Rippen Vice President/General Manager of KHGI and KFXL in Lincoln, Nebraska
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 28 National Capital Chesapeake Bay Emmy Awards
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names Robert Croteau Vice President/General Manager of WRGB and WCWN in Albany, NY
- Chris Daniels to Join Sinclair Broadcast Group’s “Spotlight on America” Investigative Team
- COMET, CHARGE! and TBD Multicast Networks Secure Nationwide Affiliate Growth and Add New Series to Primetime and Late Night Schedules, Driving Strong Increases in Viewership
- Sinclair Names Adam Ware Senior Vice President, Growth Networks Group
- Sinclair Elects Board And Ratifies Independent Auditor
- Major Broadcasters Launch NextGen TV On Five Local Television Stations In Greenville, SC
- Sinclair Broadcast Group and Feeding America® Launch Sinclair Cares: Summer Hunger Relief