Contact: Scott Livingston, Vice President of News
SINCLAIR LEVERAGES POWER OF NEWSROOMS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY TO COVER HISTORIC ECLIPSE
BALTIMORE, August 24, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SBGI) (“Sinclair”) stations throughout the country leveraged their collective newsgathering resources to provide un-paralleled coverage of Monday’s historic eclipse.
Ahead of the event all of Sinclair’s newsrooms went above in beyond, using on-air and digital platforms to ensure that their viewers had all the information necessary to enjoy the eclipse safely. Utilizing social media and our excellent digital resources, our stations provided viewers with information such as where to purchase eclipse glasses, to when they’d actually have a chance to spot the eclipse the day of.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins Four Telly Awards
- Diamond Sports Group Names Michael Schneider Chief Operating Officer and General Manager of Bally Sports Direct-to-Consumer Business
- Sinclair Names Scott Ehrlich as Company’s First Chief Innovation Officer
- Sinclair Names Ryan Moore Chief Revenue Officer and SVP of Digital Sales and Sports
- Sinclair Declares $.025 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- Diamond Sports Announces New Board of Managers
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins Six National Headliner Awards
- Sinclair Closes Refinancing and Extension of STG Credit Facilities
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names Kayla Gaskins National Correspondent for Washington DC Bureau