Contact: Scott Livingston, Vice President of News
SINCLAIR LEVERAGES POWER OF NEWSROOMS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY TO COVER HISTORIC ECLIPSE
BALTIMORE, August 24, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SBGI) (“Sinclair”) stations throughout the country leveraged their collective newsgathering resources to provide un-paralleled coverage of Monday’s historic eclipse.
Ahead of the event all of Sinclair’s newsrooms went above in beyond, using on-air and digital platforms to ensure that their viewers had all the information necessary to enjoy the eclipse safely. Utilizing social media and our excellent digital resources, our stations provided viewers with information such as where to purchase eclipse glasses, to when they’d actually have a chance to spot the eclipse the day of.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Regional Sports Networks Dropped by Hulu
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Six Local Television Stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names Veteran Sports News Executive David Morgan as Vice President of Digital Sports News
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Executives to Participate on Virtual Panels at NAB’s 2020 Show New York
- President Trump Joins Eric Bolling on “America This Week” for an Exclusive Town Hall with Voters
- Sinclair Acquires Two Class A TV Stations in Washington, DC
- Missouri’s KRCG-TV Wins Coveted RTDNA National Edward R. Murrow Award for Outstanding Breaking News Coverage
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Five Local Television Stations in Oklahoma City, OK
- Sinclair to Report Third Quarter 2020 Results on November 4, 2020 at 7:30a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Major Broadcasters Launch NextGen TV on Four Local Television Stations in Austin, TX