Contact: Scott Livingston, Vice President of News
SINCLAIR LEVERAGES POWER OF NEWSROOMS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY TO COVER HISTORIC ECLIPSE
BALTIMORE, August 24, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SBGI) (“Sinclair”) stations throughout the country leveraged their collective newsgathering resources to provide un-paralleled coverage of Monday’s historic eclipse.
Ahead of the event all of Sinclair’s newsrooms went above in beyond, using on-air and digital platforms to ensure that their viewers had all the information necessary to enjoy the eclipse safely. Utilizing social media and our excellent digital resources, our stations provided viewers with information such as where to purchase eclipse glasses, to when they’d actually have a chance to spot the eclipse the day of.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair to Report First Quarter 2021 Results on May 5, 2021 at 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Names Laurie R. Beyer to the Board of Directors
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Flagship Station WBFF-TV Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Ring of Honor Reaches 500th Episode with Special Fan-Picked Programming
- Sinclair Affiliate WGME Announces Investigative Reporter Jon Chrisos and the I-Team Win Prestigious IRE Award
- Sinclair Closes Partial Refinancing and Extension of STG Credit Facilities
- Sinclair Broadcast Group and Bally’s Corporation Formally Rebrand Regional Sports Networks as Bally Sports, Ushering in New Era for Live Sports
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Congratulates TSDSI and ATSC for Signing Standards Adoption Agreement
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Three Local Television Stations in Syracuse, NY
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Five Local Television Stations in Buffalo, NY