Contact: Scott Livingston, Vice President of News
SINCLAIR LEVERAGES POWER OF NEWSROOMS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY TO COVER HISTORIC ECLIPSE
BALTIMORE, August 24, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SBGI) (“Sinclair”) stations throughout the country leveraged their collective newsgathering resources to provide un-paralleled coverage of Monday’s historic eclipse.
Ahead of the event all of Sinclair’s newsrooms went above in beyond, using on-air and digital platforms to ensure that their viewers had all the information necessary to enjoy the eclipse safely. Utilizing social media and our excellent digital resources, our stations provided viewers with information such as where to purchase eclipse glasses, to when they’d actually have a chance to spot the eclipse the day of.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Provides Information On Cybersecurity Incident
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 5 PromaxBDA Local Station Promotion and Marketing Awards
- “Hope For Haywood” WLOS-TV In Asheville, NC Raises Over $1 Million To Help Local Victims Of Tropical Storm Fred
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Five Local Television Stations in St. Louis, MO
- Sinclair to Report Third Quarter 2021 Results on November 3, 2021 at 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Nearly $700,000 for Local Charities in Stations’ Back-to-School Drives
- Major Broadcasters Launch Nextgen TV On Five Local Television Stations In Cincinnati, OH
- NextGen’s Towering Promise (from the September/October 2021 issue of The Financial Manager magazine)
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names John Manzi Vice President And General Manager of KSAS-TV in Wichita, Kansas
- “Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson” Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Weekly Investigative News Program Returns for Seventh Season on Sunday, September 12