Contact: Steve Pruett, COO
Wichita-Hutchinson, KS (November 1, 2016)
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) announced that James Baronet has been named General Manager for KSAS-TV (FOX), and the simulcast stations, in the Wichita-Hutchinson, Kansas market. Mr. Baronet will also be responsible for the oversight of KMTW-TV (MNT), which is programmed by Sinclair under a time brokerage agreement. The announcement was made by Steve Pruett, Co-Chief Operating Officer of Sinclair’s television group.
In making the announcement, Mr. Pruett said, “Having spent 17 years in the broadcast business, Jim has expertise in maximizing revenue generation, creating operational advancements and building and motivating successful teams. I have known Jim and have followed his performance for years and feel that his years of experience with client relations and community involvement will also be an asset to the stations in Wichita.”
“I am extremely excited and proud to join such a diverse and renowned company as Sinclair and look forward to working with the team in Wichita to help add to an already great foundation,” commented Mr. Baronet.
Mr. Baronet most recently served as Vice President / General Manager of WGMB-TV (FOX) and WBRL-TV (CW) in Baton Rouge, LA since 2014. From 2005 to 2014 was General Sales Manager, General Manager and Regional Market Manager for Communication Corporation of America serving the Waco-Temple-Bryan, TX; Jackson, MS; Evansville, IN; and Baton Rouge, LA markets. Prior to that he was the Station Sales Manager at KXXV-TV (ABC) and KRHD-LP (ABC) in Waco-Temple-Bryan, TX since 2002. Mr. Baronet graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Radio/Television/Film from Sam Houston University in Huntsville, TX.
Sinclair is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country. Including pending transactions, the Company owns, operates and/or provides services to 173 television stations in 81 markets, broadcasting 482 channels and having affiliations with all the major networks. Sinclair is the leading local news provider in the country, as well as a producer of live sports content. Sinclair’s content is delivered via multiple platforms, including over-the-air, multi-channel video program distributors, and digital platforms. The Company regularly uses its website as a key source of Company information which can be accessed at www.sbgi.net.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group’s “THE NATIONAL DESK” to Premier Monday, January 18
- ABC 45-TV Announces Premiere of Local News in the Triad Market
- Sinclair Names Billy Robbins Vice President and General Manager of WBFF in Baltimore Maryland
- ViacomCBS and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Announce Affiliation Agreements
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV On Four Local Television Stations In Columbus, Ohio
- Sinclair Announces Promotions
- ONE Media 3.0 Launches its STIRR Radio App in Seattle
- Seattle Becomes Latest Large Market To Launch NEXTGEN TV With All Major Broadcasters
- Sinclair Closes Private Offering of Senior Secured Notes
- So Vang Joins ONE Media 3.0