Contact: Rob Weisbord, President of Local News & Marketing Services
SINCLAIR NAMES TIGE JONES STATION MANAGER IN QUINCY, IL/HANNIBAL, MO/KEOKUK, IA MARKET
RICK LIPPS TO OVERSEE MARKET OPERATIONS
Quincy, IL (April 28, 2020) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), (“the Company,” “Sinclair”) is pleased to announce that Tige Jones has been named Station Manager of KHQA (CBS) in Quincy, IL. In addition, Rick Lipps, currently General Manager Champaign/Springfield/Decatur, Illinois, will now expand his territory to oversee the Quincy, IL/Hannibal, MO/Keokuk, IA market
In making the announcement, Rob Weisbord, Sinclair President of Local News and Marketing Services, commented, “We’re happy to reward Tige’s eight years of excellence at KHQA. Tige has proven to be a strong asset to the station, and we look forward to his continued accomplishments in his new role as Station Manager.”
Weisbord continued, “Rick similarly has done a tremendous job of managing the operations of the Champaign/Springfield/Decatur market. We are confident in his leadership and execution skills to help drive the Quincy, IL/Hannibal, MO/Keokuk, IA market to success in the future.”
Mr. Jones has spent the last 11 years in the broadcast industry, rising from Account Executive to Regional Sales Manager, prior to his new role as Station Manager. He is active in the community, previously serving in volunteer roles with the Quincy Chamber of Commerce and the United Way. Mr. Jones holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Western Illinois University, a Bachelor of Science degree from Hanza Hogeschool Van Groningen, and a Masters of Business Administration from Quincy University.
“I am very excited to further my career at Sinclair with my promotion to Station Manager,” said Mr. Jones. “I feel so lucky to be a part of such a forward-thinking, innovative team of leaders and am humbled by the opportunity to learn from this group every day. My goal as Station Manager is to further KHQA’s long history of community involvement, helping our local businesses, and informing our viewers with meaningful content.”
Mr. Lipps has served as General Manager of the Champaign/Springfield/Decatur market since 2014. He began his broadcasting career in the early 1980s and has worked for a number of companies in the industry in a variety of management positions. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree from Florida State University.
“Over the past five years, I have had the privilege to lead the team in Champaign/Springfield/Decatur as we sought to provide viewers with the local news they’ve come to know and value,” said Mr. Lipps. “As I take on the duties of overseeing the Quincy, IL/Hannibal, MO/Keokuk, IA market, I am confident of our tremendously talented team and proud of the important content they provide daily to their viewers. Together, we’ll be able to deliver on Sinclair’s promise to connect people with content everywhere.”
About Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Sinclair is a diversified media company and leading provider of local sports and news. The Company owns and/or operates 23 regional sports network brands; owns, operates and/or provides services to 191 television stations in 89 markets; is a leading local news provider in the country; owns multiple national networks; and has TV stations affiliated with all the major broadcast networks. Sinclair’s content is delivered via multiple-platforms, including over-the-air, multi-channel video program distributors, and digital platforms. The Company regularly uses its website as a key source of Company information which can be accessed at www.sbgi.net.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Six Local Television Stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names Veteran Sports News Executive David Morgan as Vice President of Digital Sports News
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Executives to Participate on Virtual Panels at NAB’s 2020 Show New York
- President Trump Joins Eric Bolling on “America This Week” for an Exclusive Town Hall with Voters
- Sinclair Acquires Two Class A TV Stations in Washington, DC
- Missouri’s KRCG-TV Wins Coveted RTDNA National Edward R. Murrow Award for Outstanding Breaking News Coverage
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Five Local Television Stations in Oklahoma City, OK
- Sinclair to Report Third Quarter 2020 Results on November 4, 2020 at 7:30a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Major Broadcasters Launch NextGen TV on Four Local Television Stations in Austin, TX
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names Darrell Davis Vice President of Enterprise Business Transformation