Contact: Chris Ripley, Chief Financial Officer
Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Corporate Finance & Treasurer
SINCLAIR RE-ELECTS BOARD, RATIFIES AND APPROVES OTHER PROPOSALS
BALTIMORE (June 4, 2015) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) announced today that its shareholders re-elected its eight Directors at the Company’s Annual Shareholders’ meeting held today. The re-elected Directors are: Mr. David D. Smith, Chairman of the Board, CEO and President of Sinclair; Mr. Frederick G. Smith, Vice President of Sinclair; Mr. J. Duncan Smith, Vice President and Secretary of Sinclair; Mr. Robert E. Smith, Director; Mr. Lawrence E. McCanna, Director; Mr. Daniel C. Keith, Director; Mr. Martin R. Leader, Director, and Mr. Howard E. Friedman, Director.
The shareholders also ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP as its independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2015. A tabulation of the votes on these matters will be included in a Current Report on Form 8-K to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies and is affiliated with all major networks. Sinclair owns equity interests in various non-broadcast related companies. The Company regularly uses its website as a key source of Company information which can be accessed at www.sbgi.net.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- ONE MEDIA Congratulates MPEG LA on the Formation of ATSC 3.0 Patent Pool
- NewsON Launches on Samsung TV Platform, Amplifying Robust Product Portfolio
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces Annual Diversity Scholarship Submission for 2022, Shaping the Future of Broadcasting
- Diamond Sports Group Enters Into Agreement with Creditors on Liquidity Enhancing Transaction
- Sinclair Announces Renewal of its Extended Market and Digital Rights Agreement with the NBA
- Significant Emergency Information Research Study Released
- Sinclair Announces Renewals of NBC and Fox Affiliation Agreements
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Supports Local Charities in TV Stations’ Holiday Donation Drives
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Nearly $175K for American Red Cross Tornado Relief
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Partners with the American Red Cross for Tornado Relief