Contact: Chris Ripley, Chief Financial Officer
Lucy Rutishauser, SVP-Corporate Finance & Treasurer
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT TO SWAP TELEVISION STATIONS WITH GRAY TELEVISION
BALTIMORE (October 1, 2015) — Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (the “Company” or “Sinclair”) announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the broadcast assets of WSBT (CBS) in South Bend-Elkhart, Indiana (DMA(1) 96) owned by Schurz Communications, Inc., and to sell the broadcast assets of WLUC (NBC and FOX) in Marquette, Michigan (DMA 180) to Gray Television, Inc. (“Gray”). After completion of the swap, Sinclair’s television group will reach 37.6% of U.S. television households. The South Bend-Elkhart DMA is approximately 4 times larger than the Marquette DMA in terms of television households. The transaction is expected to be accretive to average annual cash flows by approximately $1.0 million after synergies.
Read more…Gray Swaps Press Release
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Promotes James Grilli to General Manager in Dayton, Ohio
- Sinclair Kicks Off 2017-2018 High School Sports Season
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces Expanded National Investigative Initiative
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and CBS Announce Affiliation Agreement Renewals
- Sinclair Raises Almost $1.35 Million For Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort, Donates $100,000
- Sinclair Closes On Acquisition Of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc.
- Sinclair Announces Affiliation Agreement Renewals With Fox Broadcasting Company In Five Markets
- Sinclair Cares Teams Up With The Salvation Army On Sinclair “Standing Strong For Texas” Relief Effort; Sinclair To Match First $100,000 Donated
- Sinclair Leverages Power Of Newsrooms Throughout The Country To Cover Historic Eclipse
- Sinclair Names Scott Ehrlich Vice President Of Emerging Platform Content