Contact: Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Chief Financial Officer
SINCLAIR CLOSES ON ACQUISITION OF BONTEN MEDIA GROUP HOLDINGS, INC.
BALTIMORE (September 5, 2017) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) announced that, on Friday, September 1st, it closed on its previously announced purchase of the stock of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc. (“Bonten”), and that Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation (“Cunningham”) has also completed its purchase of the membership interest of Esteem Broadcasting, for an aggregate purchase price of $240.0 million. As a result of the transaction, Sinclair added 14 television stations in eight markets and Cunningham assumed the joint sales agreements under which Sinclair will provide services to four additional stations. The acquisition was funded through cash on hand.
Read more…Bonten Close
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Prices Private Offering of Senior Secured Notes and Senior Notes
- Fueled by Live Local News and Fan Favorite TV Shows, STIRR Soars to One Million Downloads
- Sinclair Promotes Richard Cook To General Manager In Pittsburgh, PA
- Sinclair Reports Preliminary Second Quarter 2019 Media Revenue
- Sinclair Announces Private Offering of Senior Secured Notes and Senior Notes of Diamond Sports Group
- Sinclair Announces Launch of Regional Sports Network Acquisition Financing
- Sinclair Broadcast Group’s CompulseOTT Unit Releases New OTT Reporting Platform: “Compulse360”
- Sinclair Promotes Brian Dodge to General Manager In South Bend, IN
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins Four RTDNA National Edward R. Murrow Awards
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Investigative Reporters And Editors Honored at 2019 IRE Awards