Contact: Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Chief Financial Officer
SINCLAIR CLOSES ON ACQUISITION OF BONTEN MEDIA GROUP HOLDINGS, INC.
BALTIMORE (September 5, 2017) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) announced that, on Friday, September 1st, it closed on its previously announced purchase of the stock of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc. (“Bonten”), and that Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation (“Cunningham”) has also completed its purchase of the membership interest of Esteem Broadcasting, for an aggregate purchase price of $240.0 million. As a result of the transaction, Sinclair added 14 television stations in eight markets and Cunningham assumed the joint sales agreements under which Sinclair will provide services to four additional stations. The acquisition was funded through cash on hand.
Read more…Bonten Close
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair/ONE Media’s Fred Baumgartner Wins Prestigious Broadcasting & Cable “Technology Leadership Award”
- Joint Venture between SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Launches ATSC 3.0 Next Gen Broadcast Solutions Business in U.S.
- Sinclair Names Matthew Morse General Manager In Fresno, California
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Congratulates ITU On Approving ATSC 3.0 As An International Recommended Digital Terrestrial TV Standard
- Sinclair Announces Local News & Marketing Services Division Promotions
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Minimum Hourly Wage to $15
- Sinclair Hires Susan Connor As Vice President/General Manager Of KTVL In Medford, OR
- Sinclair Announces Partial Redemption of Diamond Sports Holdings Preferred Units
- Sinclair Prices Private Offering of Senior Notes