Contact: Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Chief Financial Officer
SINCLAIR CLOSES ON ACQUISITION OF BONTEN MEDIA GROUP HOLDINGS, INC.
BALTIMORE (September 5, 2017) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) announced that, on Friday, September 1st, it closed on its previously announced purchase of the stock of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc. (“Bonten”), and that Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation (“Cunningham”) has also completed its purchase of the membership interest of Esteem Broadcasting, for an aggregate purchase price of $240.0 million. As a result of the transaction, Sinclair added 14 television stations in eight markets and Cunningham assumed the joint sales agreements under which Sinclair will provide services to four additional stations. The acquisition was funded through cash on hand.
Read more…Bonten Close
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Declares $0.20 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2019 Financial Results
- Sinclair Broadcast Group To Acquire 21 Regional Sports Networks From Disney at a Valuation of $10.6 Billion
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 30 RTDNA Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards
- ACLU Of Nevada Honors Sinclair Broadcast Group’s KSNV News 3 With The “2019 Freedom Of The Press” Award
- Sinclair Broadcast News Affiliates Honored with Six National Headliner Awards
- Sinclair Broadcast Group’s High School Sports Division Named National Finalist in Cynopsis Sports Media Awards
- Sinclair To Report First Quarter 2019 Results on May 8, 2019 at 7:30am (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Promotes Susan Walther To General Manager in Portland, Maine
- Award-Winning Journalist Lara Logan Tapped By Sinclair Broadcast Group To Become Special Correspondent