Contact: Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Chief Financial Officer
SINCLAIR CLOSES ON ACQUISITION OF BONTEN MEDIA GROUP HOLDINGS, INC.
BALTIMORE (September 5, 2017) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) announced that, on Friday, September 1st, it closed on its previously announced purchase of the stock of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc. (“Bonten”), and that Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation (“Cunningham”) has also completed its purchase of the membership interest of Esteem Broadcasting, for an aggregate purchase price of $240.0 million. As a result of the transaction, Sinclair added 14 television stations in eight markets and Cunningham assumed the joint sales agreements under which Sinclair will provide services to four additional stations. The acquisition was funded through cash on hand.
Read more…Bonten Close
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Increases Quarterly Cash Dividend Per Share To $0.20
- Sinclair Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Sinclair Broadcast Group and The Salvation Army Encourage Relief Efforts for the Survivors of Hurricane Michael
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Taps Jukin Media to Operate ‘TBD’ Network
- Sinclair Names Pete Monfre General Manager in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Sinclair Executives to Discuss the Future of Television at NAB Show New York, President and CEO Chris Ripley to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Sinclair To Report Third Quarter 2018 Results on November 7, 2018 at 7:30am (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Broadcast Group and The Salvation Army Combine to Raise Over $230,000 for Victims of Hurricane Florence
- Sinclair Broadcast Group and The Salvation Army Partner to “Stand Strong For The Carolinas” Relief Fund
- Sinclair Names Jeff Carroll Vice President of Marketing