Contact: Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Chief Financial Officer
SINCLAIR CLOSES ON ACQUISITION OF BONTEN MEDIA GROUP HOLDINGS, INC.
BALTIMORE (September 5, 2017) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) announced that, on Friday, September 1st, it closed on its previously announced purchase of the stock of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc. (“Bonten”), and that Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation (“Cunningham”) has also completed its purchase of the membership interest of Esteem Broadcasting, for an aggregate purchase price of $240.0 million. As a result of the transaction, Sinclair added 14 television stations in eight markets and Cunningham assumed the joint sales agreements under which Sinclair will provide services to four additional stations. The acquisition was funded through cash on hand.
Read more…Bonten Close
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Names Larry Strumwasser to General Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sinclair Promotes Tom Long to General Manager in Boise, Idaho
- Sinclair Names Justin Bray VP, Treasurer
- Sinclair Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results
- Sinclair Declares $0.18 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Promotes Scott Livingston to Senior Vice President of News
- Sinclair Announces VP of Sales Operations
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Announces Renewals of NBC Affiliation Agreements
- Sinclair Opens 2018 Broadcast Diversity Scholarship Application
- Sinclair to Report Fourth Quarter 2017 Results on February 28, 2018 at 7:30am (Eastern Time)