Contact: Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Chief Financial Officer
SINCLAIR CLOSES ON ACQUISITION OF BONTEN MEDIA GROUP HOLDINGS, INC.
BALTIMORE (September 5, 2017) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) announced that, on Friday, September 1st, it closed on its previously announced purchase of the stock of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc. (“Bonten”), and that Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation (“Cunningham”) has also completed its purchase of the membership interest of Esteem Broadcasting, for an aggregate purchase price of $240.0 million. As a result of the transaction, Sinclair added 14 television stations in eight markets and Cunningham assumed the joint sales agreements under which Sinclair will provide services to four additional stations. The acquisition was funded through cash on hand.
Read more…Bonten Close
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Millions Of Viewers Across The United States Could Be Deprived Of Local News, Sports And Entertainment Programming If AT&T/DIRECTV Do Not Reach Deal With Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Sinclair’s Dielectric Recognized In 2019 Best Places To Work In Maine
- Sinclair’s ‘Full Measure With Sharyl Attkisson’ Returns For Fifth Season
- Sinclair Promotes Kathan Jager To General Manager In Sioux City, IA
- ATSC 3.0 Field Tests Prove Out High-Quality Video to Fixed and Mobile Devices
- Sinclair Acquires 20% Interest In YES Network
- Sinclair Promotes Mark Aitken And Scott Shapiro
- Sinclair Promotes Michael Bouchard To Vice President Of Technology Strategy Of ONE Media 3.0, LLC
- Sinclair Completes Acquisition Of Regional Sports Networks From Disney
- Sinclair Kicks Off 2019-20 High School Sports Season