Contact: Del Parks, SVP / Chief Technology Officer
SINCLAIR NAMES JERRY LILLY TO THE NEWLY CREATED POSITION OF VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
Baltimore (September 10, 2015) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) announced that Jerry Lilly has been named to the newly-created position of Vice President of Operations. The announcement was made by Del Parks, Senior Vice President / Chief Technology Officer.
Mr. Lilly will report to Del Parks, and work closely with the Vice President of Engineering and the
Vice President of Data Systems and Information Technology Services, and will provide a high level of technical and operational news support to the Vice President of News. This new position will be responsible for leading the efforts to implement improved workflows and streamlined operating
procedures, exploring new technologies to support the future growth and direction of the Company, and ensuring that the Company’s television facilities have the best technology and infrastructure in place to support News, Production and Master Control Operations.
In making the announcement, Del Parks commented, “Jerry has extensive news support experience having directed CNN’s global field services, including the planning and build-out of CNN’s bureaus in London, Hong Kong and Abu Dhabi. He was also involved in capital planning and project management, and provided support and logistics for many of the major world news events. We are excited to have
Jerry join the Sinclair team.”
“It is an exciting time in our industry to be joining the country’s premier television broadcasting company,” commented Mr. Lilly. “I look forward to working with the entire Sinclair Broadcast Group team of professionals across the country.”
Mr. Lilly most recently, and since 2013, served as the Founder, Chief Technical Architect, and Vice President Engineering at JDESICS, LLC. From 1997 to 2013, he served as Vice President Field Engineering and Operations at CNN where he built-out and launched CNN’s bureaus in London, Hong
Kong, Tokyo, Abu Dhabi, and other locations around the globe. Prior to his time at CNN, Mr. Lilly worked as a Field Engineer at CBS Television Network, and an ENG Engineer at both WFMY-TV (CBS) in Greensboro, NC and WTVD-TV (ABC) in Raleigh, NC. Mr. Lilly is a graduate of the U.S. Navy Advanced Electronics Program and a military veteran. He earned his mini-MBA in Accounting and Finance from the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University in Atlanta, GA.
Sinclair is the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country with 164 television stations it owns, operates, and/or provides services to in 79 markets; broadcasting 384 channels and affiliations with all the major networks. Sinclair is the leading local news
provider in the country, as well as a producer of sports content. Sinclair’s broadcast content is delivered via multiple-platforms, including over-the-air, multi-channel video program distributors, and digital platforms. The Company regularly uses its website as a key source of Company information which can be accessed at www.sbgi.net.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 45 Regional RTDNA Edward R. Murrow Awards
- Sinclair Enters Into Agreements To Sell TV Stations Related To Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Stations Earn Multiple Awards for Outstanding Journalism
- Sinclair to Report First Quarter 2018 Results on May 9, 2018 at 7:30am (Eastern Time) and Host Conference Call AT 9:00am ET
- Gaian Solutions, ONE Media 3.0, and Sinclair Broadcast Group Announce MOU to Lead Development and Implementation of Next Gen Broadcast Platform
- Sinclair Executives to be Honored at The NAB Show; Leadership to Participate in Panel Discussions
- Sinclair Responds to Unfounded Media Criticism
- Sinclair Promotes James Hanning to General Manager in Toledo, Ohio
- Sinclair Promotes Jennifer Rieffer to General Manager in Lexington, Kentucky
- Sinclair Promotes Lee Schlazer to Vice President, Distribution