Contact: Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Chief Financial Officer
SINCLAIR PROVIDES ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT AGREEMENTS TO SELL TV STATIONS RELATED TO CLOSING TRIBUNE MEDIA ACQUISITION
SINCLAIR (AND LICENSEES OF CERTAIN STATIONS TO WHICH IT PROVIDES SERVICES) ALSO REACHES AGREEMENT FOR MULTI-YEAR RENEWALS OF 34 FOX AFFILIATIONS, INCLUDING ALL TRIBUNE FOX AFFILIATIONS, AND OBTAINS AN OPTION TO PURCHASE STATIONS IN CHICAGO AND AUSTIN FROM FOX
BALTIMORE (May 9, 2018) — Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (the “Company” or “Sinclair”) announced that Fox Broadcasting Company (“Fox”), is a purchaser, along with previously announced purchasers, Standard Media Group, LLC (an affiliate of Standard General L.P.), Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP) (“Meredith”), Howard Stirk and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation, of certain television stations Tribune and Sinclair expect to sell as a condition to the consummation of Sinclair’s acquisition of the stock of Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) (“Tribune”) in an accretive transaction valued at $4.6 billion after divestitures.
Read more…Divestitures Announcement FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Earns 222 Emmy® Nominations in Local Markets across the U.S.
- Sinclair Declares $0.18 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Sinclair Provides Additional Information About Agreements to Sell TV Stations Related to Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Removed From Sony Vue Platforms
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 45 Regional RTDNA Edward R. Murrow Awards
- Sinclair Enters Into Agreements To Sell TV Stations Related To Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Stations Earn Multiple Awards for Outstanding Journalism
- Sinclair to Report First Quarter 2018 Results on May 9, 2018 at 7:30am (Eastern Time) and Host Conference Call AT 9:00am ET
- Gaian Solutions, ONE Media 3.0, and Sinclair Broadcast Group Announce MOU to Lead Development and Implementation of Next Gen Broadcast Platform