BALTIMORE, MD (Jan. 12, 2018) – Circa, a national digital news platform owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”), announced that it is expanding its digital footprint with the debut of a video-driven, live news app next week. Since the launch of Circa’s news site in July of 2016, Circa has gained a significant national audience on multiple platforms, including more than 31 million video views and 2.5 million fans on Facebook. The Circa news app provides unique live video covering a wide range of breaking news stories that are in-the-moment, pushing trending issues, alerting users as stories are developing. Moreover, Circa will now be able to capitalize on breaking news stories from Sinclair’s National News Desk in Washington D.C., by combining resources to expand the depth and breadth of national coverage. In addition, Circa will be evolving to take advantage of the breaking content from the more than 70 local Sinclair newsrooms from across the country. Circa will have immediate access to more unique and compelling news stories that can be easily aggregated and fed to all consumer platforms.
Read more…CIRCA APP Launch_FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Hires Allyson Meyers As Vice President/General Manager Of KTUL In Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Sinclair Announces Steven Zenker As Vice President, Investor Relations
- Sinclair To Report Fourth Quarter 2019 Results On February 26, 2020 At 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Announces Partial Redemption of Diamond Sports Holdings Preferred Units
- STIRR Expands on 1-Year Anniversary with New Program Offerings
- Sinclair/ONE Media’s Fred Baumgartner Wins Prestigious Broadcasting & Cable “Technology Leadership Award”
- Joint Venture between SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Launches ATSC 3.0 Next Gen Broadcast Solutions Business in U.S.
- Sinclair Names Matthew Morse General Manager In Fresno, California
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Congratulates ITU On Approving ATSC 3.0 As An International Recommended Digital Terrestrial TV Standard
- Sinclair Announces Local News & Marketing Services Division Promotions