BALTIMORE, MD (Jan. 12, 2018) – Circa, a national digital news platform owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”), announced that it is expanding its digital footprint with the debut of a video-driven, live news app next week. Since the launch of Circa’s news site in July of 2016, Circa has gained a significant national audience on multiple platforms, including more than 31 million video views and 2.5 million fans on Facebook. The Circa news app provides unique live video covering a wide range of breaking news stories that are in-the-moment, pushing trending issues, alerting users as stories are developing. Moreover, Circa will now be able to capitalize on breaking news stories from Sinclair’s National News Desk in Washington D.C., by combining resources to expand the depth and breadth of national coverage. In addition, Circa will be evolving to take advantage of the breaking content from the more than 70 local Sinclair newsrooms from across the country. Circa will have immediate access to more unique and compelling news stories that can be easily aggregated and fed to all consumer platforms.
Read more…CIRCA APP Launch_FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Earns 222 Emmy® Nominations in Local Markets across the U.S.
- Sinclair Declares $0.18 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Sinclair Provides Additional Information About Agreements to Sell TV Stations Related to Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Removed From Sony Vue Platforms
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 45 Regional RTDNA Edward R. Murrow Awards
- Sinclair Enters Into Agreements To Sell TV Stations Related To Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Stations Earn Multiple Awards for Outstanding Journalism
- Sinclair to Report First Quarter 2018 Results on May 9, 2018 at 7:30am (Eastern Time) and Host Conference Call AT 9:00am ET
- Gaian Solutions, ONE Media 3.0, and Sinclair Broadcast Group Announce MOU to Lead Development and Implementation of Next Gen Broadcast Platform