SINCLAIR ANNOUNCES $1 BILLION SHARE AUTHORIZATION
BALTIMORE (August 9, 2018) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (the “Company”) announced today that its Board of Directors have authorized the Company to repurchase up to $1 billion of its Class A common shares.
Commenting on the share repurchase, Chris Ripley, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “It is unfortunate that Tribune Media Company terminated our Merger Agreement. Nonetheless, we strongly believe in the long term outlook of our Company and disagree with the market’s current discounted view on our share price. The $1 billion authorization does not use our future free cash flow generation, but simply the excess cash currently on our balance sheet.”
Read more…Share Authorization 2018 2
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair To Report Fourth Quarter 2019 Results On February 26, 2020 At 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Announces Partial Redemption of Diamond Sports Holdings Preferred Units
- STIRR Expands on 1-Year Anniversary with New Program Offerings
- Sinclair/ONE Media’s Fred Baumgartner Wins Prestigious Broadcasting & Cable “Technology Leadership Award”
- Joint Venture between SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Launches ATSC 3.0 Next Gen Broadcast Solutions Business in U.S.
- Sinclair Names Matthew Morse General Manager In Fresno, California
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Congratulates ITU On Approving ATSC 3.0 As An International Recommended Digital Terrestrial TV Standard
- Sinclair Announces Local News & Marketing Services Division Promotions
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Minimum Hourly Wage to $15
- Sinclair Hires Susan Connor As Vice President/General Manager Of KTVL In Medford, OR