SINCLAIR ANNOUNCES EXECUTIVE PROMOTIONS AND CHANGES
Baltimore, MD (November 2, 2016) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), one of the leading broadcasters in the country, announced the following executive promotions and changes which will become effective January 1, 2017:
• David Smith from Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer to Executive Chairman. Mr. Smith will have direct oversight of the development, implementation and globalization of the Next Generation Broadcast Platform (ATSC 3.0) and expansion of our news franchise. Mr. Smith will also be directly involved with public policy as it relates to the broadcast industry.
• Christopher Ripley from Chief Financial Officer to President & Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Ripley will oversee and manage the Company’s business and operations. Mr. Ripley will report to the Board of Directors.
• Lucy Rutishauser from SVP Corporate Finance & Treasurer to SVP Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer. Ms. Rutishauser will have direct oversight of the Company’s treasury, accounting, tax, finance, business intelligence & analytics, investor relations and corporate communications departments.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Seven Local Television Stations in Portland, OR
- Comcast and Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. Announce Multi-Year Content Carriage Agreement
- Sinclair’s Jennifer Rieffer Becomes Vice President/General Manager in Flint, Michigan
- Sinclair Announces Scott Shapiro As Chief Strategy Officer Of Sports
- Sinclair Names Steve Rosenberg President of Local Sports
- Sinclair To Report Second Quarter 2020 Results On August 5, 2020 At 7:30 A.M. (Eastern Time)
- ViacomCBS And Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Announce Affiliation Renewal Agreement
- NEXTGEN TV Launches On Four Major Television Stations In Salt Lake City
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV On Five Nashville Network-Affiliated Television Stations
- Sinclair Broadcast Group to Launch Headline News Service, Announces 25 New Positions to be Filled