SINCLAIR ANNOUNCES EXECUTIVE PROMOTIONS AND CHANGES
Baltimore, MD (November 2, 2016) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), one of the leading broadcasters in the country, announced the following executive promotions and changes which will become effective January 1, 2017:
• David Smith from Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer to Executive Chairman. Mr. Smith will have direct oversight of the development, implementation and globalization of the Next Generation Broadcast Platform (ATSC 3.0) and expansion of our news franchise. Mr. Smith will also be directly involved with public policy as it relates to the broadcast industry.
• Christopher Ripley from Chief Financial Officer to President & Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Ripley will oversee and manage the Company’s business and operations. Mr. Ripley will report to the Board of Directors.
• Lucy Rutishauser from SVP Corporate Finance & Treasurer to SVP Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer. Ms. Rutishauser will have direct oversight of the Company’s treasury, accounting, tax, finance, business intelligence & analytics, investor relations and corporate communications departments.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, Univision and American Tower Partner on ATSC 3.0 (Next Gen TV) Single Frequency Network Deployment in Dallas Market
- Circa Is Moving Forward, Launches Video-Driven Live News App; Combining Resources With National News Desk, Boosting Local Breaking News Content
- Sinclair Broadcast Group and Imagine Communications Collaborate on Next-Gen Monetization Solutions
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and ABC Announce Extension And Renewals Of Affiliation Agreements Through 2022
- Sinclair Names Kent Crawford Group Manager
- Sinclair Names Dean Radla General Manager at WOAI in San Antonio
- Sinclair Promotes Robert Truman to General Manager in Portland, Oregon
- Sinclair Promotes Matt Kaplowitz to General Manager in El Paso, Texas
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces $1,000 Special Bonus as a Result of Tax Reform
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Enters into Retransmission Consent Agreement, Tennis Channel Carriage Agreement with NCTC