SINCLAIR ANNOUNCES EXECUTIVE PROMOTIONS AND CHANGES
Baltimore, MD (November 2, 2016) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), one of the leading broadcasters in the country, announced the following executive promotions and changes which will become effective January 1, 2017:
• David Smith from Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer to Executive Chairman. Mr. Smith will have direct oversight of the development, implementation and globalization of the Next Generation Broadcast Platform (ATSC 3.0) and expansion of our news franchise. Mr. Smith will also be directly involved with public policy as it relates to the broadcast industry.
• Christopher Ripley from Chief Financial Officer to President & Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Ripley will oversee and manage the Company’s business and operations. Mr. Ripley will report to the Board of Directors.
• Lucy Rutishauser from SVP Corporate Finance & Treasurer to SVP Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer. Ms. Rutishauser will have direct oversight of the Company’s treasury, accounting, tax, finance, business intelligence & analytics, investor relations and corporate communications departments.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Celebrates Its 10,000th Drone Flight
- Sinclair Broadcast Group and Chicago Cubs Announce Joint Venture, Will Launch Marquee Sports Network
- Sinclair Names Benson Everett Legg To The Board Of Directors
- Sinclair to Report Fourth Quarter 2018 Results on February 27, 2019 at 7:30am (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Taps Ameshia Cross to Anchor New Commentary Segment, ‘Cross Point’
- Sinclair Promotes Todd Ricke to General Manager in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Launches Free Live and On-Demand Streaming Service, STIRR
- SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair Broadcast Group Sign MOU
- Advanced ATSC 3.0 Chip Launched for Mobile and Broadcast Applications
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Sign Joint Venture Agreement