SINCLAIR ANNOUNCES EXECUTIVE PROMOTIONS AND CHANGES
Baltimore, MD (November 2, 2016) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), one of the leading broadcasters in the country, announced the following executive promotions and changes which will become effective January 1, 2017:
• David Smith from Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer to Executive Chairman. Mr. Smith will have direct oversight of the development, implementation and globalization of the Next Generation Broadcast Platform (ATSC 3.0) and expansion of our news franchise. Mr. Smith will also be directly involved with public policy as it relates to the broadcast industry.
• Christopher Ripley from Chief Financial Officer to President & Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Ripley will oversee and manage the Company’s business and operations. Mr. Ripley will report to the Board of Directors.
• Lucy Rutishauser from SVP Corporate Finance & Treasurer to SVP Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer. Ms. Rutishauser will have direct oversight of the Company’s treasury, accounting, tax, finance, business intelligence & analytics, investor relations and corporate communications departments.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Promotes James Grilli to General Manager in Dayton, Ohio
- Sinclair Kicks Off 2017-2018 High School Sports Season
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces Expanded National Investigative Initiative
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and CBS Announce Affiliation Agreement Renewals
- Sinclair Raises Almost $1.35 Million For Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort, Donates $100,000
- Sinclair Closes On Acquisition Of Bonten Media Group Holdings, Inc.
- Sinclair Announces Affiliation Agreement Renewals With Fox Broadcasting Company In Five Markets
- Sinclair Cares Teams Up With The Salvation Army On Sinclair “Standing Strong For Texas” Relief Effort; Sinclair To Match First $100,000 Donated
- Sinclair Leverages Power Of Newsrooms Throughout The Country To Cover Historic Eclipse
- Sinclair Names Scott Ehrlich Vice President Of Emerging Platform Content