SINCLAIR ANNOUNCES EXECUTIVE PROMOTIONS AND CHANGES
Baltimore, MD (November 2, 2016) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), one of the leading broadcasters in the country, announced the following executive promotions and changes which will become effective January 1, 2017:
• David Smith from Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer to Executive Chairman. Mr. Smith will have direct oversight of the development, implementation and globalization of the Next Generation Broadcast Platform (ATSC 3.0) and expansion of our news franchise. Mr. Smith will also be directly involved with public policy as it relates to the broadcast industry.
• Christopher Ripley from Chief Financial Officer to President & Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Ripley will oversee and manage the Company’s business and operations. Mr. Ripley will report to the Board of Directors.
• Lucy Rutishauser from SVP Corporate Finance & Treasurer to SVP Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer. Ms. Rutishauser will have direct oversight of the Company’s treasury, accounting, tax, finance, business intelligence & analytics, investor relations and corporate communications departments.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- ONE Media 3.0 and Saankhya Labs Agree to ATSC 3.0 Chipset Development
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces “Project Baltimore” Initiative
- Nexstar Media Group and Sinclair Broadcast Group Establish Consortium to Promote Broadcast Spectrum Aggregation, Innovation and Monetization
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Prices Public Offering of Class A Common Stock
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Announces Public Offering of Class A Common Stock
- Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Investment Group, Keyser Capital, Sells Alarm Funding Associates
- Sinclair Acquires Tennis Media Company; Aligns Tennis Magazine, Tennis.com and Tennis Channel on Unified Platform
- Sinclair Declares $0.18 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports Fourth Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- IBEW Decertified At Sinclair Station, WTOV, In Steubenville, OH