Contact: Barry Faber, EVP Network Relations & Distribution
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP ENTERS INTO RETRANSMISSION CONSENT AGREEMENT, TENNIS CHANNEL CARRIAGE AGREEMENT WITH NCTC
Baltimore, MD (December 21, 2017) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), (the “Company,” “Sinclair”) announced that it has reached agreement with the National Cable Television Cooperative (“NCTC”), which allows NCTC’s member companies to opt into a multi-year retransmission consent agreement. The agreement also provides for carriage of Sinclair owned Tennis Channel. NCTC has over 850 independent cable/broadband operator members, and negotiating carriage agreements with content providers is among the many services it provides. In Sinclair’s markets, NCTC represents over 2 million ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX subscribers, and approximately 700,000 CW and MYTV subs.
Read more…NCTC-Sinclair Release_FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Earns 222 Emmy® Nominations in Local Markets across the U.S.
- Sinclair Declares $0.18 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sinclair Reports First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Sinclair Provides Additional Information About Agreements to Sell TV Stations Related to Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Removed From Sony Vue Platforms
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 45 Regional RTDNA Edward R. Murrow Awards
- Sinclair Enters Into Agreements To Sell TV Stations Related To Closing Tribune Media Acquisition
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Stations Earn Multiple Awards for Outstanding Journalism
- Sinclair to Report First Quarter 2018 Results on May 9, 2018 at 7:30am (Eastern Time) and Host Conference Call AT 9:00am ET
- Gaian Solutions, ONE Media 3.0, and Sinclair Broadcast Group Announce MOU to Lead Development and Implementation of Next Gen Broadcast Platform