SINCLAIR TRIBUNE MERGER AGREEMENT TERMINATED; SINCLAIR FILES WITH THE FCC TO WITHDRAW THE MERGER APPLICATION AND FILES A MOTION TO TERMINATE THE HEARING BEFORE THE ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE
BALTIMORE, MD (August 9, 2018) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (“Sinclair,” “Company”) (Nasdaq: SBGI) announced today that it received a termination notice of its Merger Agreement from Tribune Media Company (“Tribune”). In response, the Company subsequently has withdrawn with prejudice its FCC applications to acquire Tribune and filed with the Administrative Law Judge a notice of withdrawal of the applications and motion to terminate the hearing.
Read more…Tribune Merger Update 2
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair To Report Fourth Quarter 2019 Results On February 26, 2020 At 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Announces Partial Redemption of Diamond Sports Holdings Preferred Units
- STIRR Expands on 1-Year Anniversary with New Program Offerings
- Sinclair/ONE Media’s Fred Baumgartner Wins Prestigious Broadcasting & Cable “Technology Leadership Award”
- Joint Venture between SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Launches ATSC 3.0 Next Gen Broadcast Solutions Business in U.S.
- Sinclair Names Matthew Morse General Manager In Fresno, California
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Congratulates ITU On Approving ATSC 3.0 As An International Recommended Digital Terrestrial TV Standard
- Sinclair Announces Local News & Marketing Services Division Promotions
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Minimum Hourly Wage to $15
- Sinclair Hires Susan Connor As Vice President/General Manager Of KTVL In Medford, OR