Station Delivers 110 Hours of Continuous Coverage as Wildfire Endangers Newsroom
Redding, CA (August 1, 2018) – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SBGI) today announced that its television station, KRCR-TV in Redding, CA has partnered with the Salvation Army to aid short- and long-term disaster relief efforts for the victims of the CARR fire, with a mission to raise money to provide evacuees with basic necessities including child care items and toiletries. KRCR and its sister stations will focus their on-air efforts on August 2nd between 5:00a.m.-9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m., as well as continued digital and social efforts, to spread the word on how viewers can get involved. Moreover, Sinclair will promote the effort across all of its stations. Donations are currently being accepted on CareForCarr.org. All funds will be used locally for the CARR fire victims.
Read more…8.1.18 – Sinclair CARR Fire Release_UPDATED
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair To Report Fourth Quarter 2019 Results On February 26, 2020 At 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Announces Partial Redemption of Diamond Sports Holdings Preferred Units
- STIRR Expands on 1-Year Anniversary with New Program Offerings
- Sinclair/ONE Media’s Fred Baumgartner Wins Prestigious Broadcasting & Cable “Technology Leadership Award”
- Joint Venture between SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Launches ATSC 3.0 Next Gen Broadcast Solutions Business in U.S.
- Sinclair Names Matthew Morse General Manager In Fresno, California
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Congratulates ITU On Approving ATSC 3.0 As An International Recommended Digital Terrestrial TV Standard
- Sinclair Announces Local News & Marketing Services Division Promotions
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Minimum Hourly Wage to $15
- Sinclair Hires Susan Connor As Vice President/General Manager Of KTVL In Medford, OR