Contact: Chelsea Koski
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP AND TRIBUNE MEDIA ANNOUNCE FILING OF FCC RESPONSE
Baltimore, MD (August 23, 2017) – Yesterday, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) and Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) (“Tribune”) filed their joint Opposition to Petitions to Deny the merger of the two companies.
While the Petitions to Deny rely to a large extent on speculation and unsupported assumptions, the Opposition nonetheless addresses each of the claims made in the Petitions, including the claims contained in the Petitions relating to retransmission consent negotiations.
Read more…FCC Opposition Release 8 23 FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Provides Information On Cybersecurity Incident
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Wins 5 PromaxBDA Local Station Promotion and Marketing Awards
- “Hope For Haywood” WLOS-TV In Asheville, NC Raises Over $1 Million To Help Local Victims Of Tropical Storm Fred
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Five Local Television Stations in St. Louis, MO
- Sinclair to Report Third Quarter 2021 Results on November 3, 2021 at 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Raises Nearly $700,000 for Local Charities in Stations’ Back-to-School Drives
- Major Broadcasters Launch Nextgen TV On Five Local Television Stations In Cincinnati, OH
- NextGen’s Towering Promise (from the September/October 2021 issue of The Financial Manager magazine)
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names John Manzi Vice President And General Manager of KSAS-TV in Wichita, Kansas
- “Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson” Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Weekly Investigative News Program Returns for Seventh Season on Sunday, September 12