Contact: Chelsea Koski
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP AND TRIBUNE MEDIA ANNOUNCE FILING OF FCC RESPONSE
Baltimore, MD (August 23, 2017) – Yesterday, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) and Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) (“Tribune”) filed their joint Opposition to Petitions to Deny the merger of the two companies.
While the Petitions to Deny rely to a large extent on speculation and unsupported assumptions, the Opposition nonetheless addresses each of the claims made in the Petitions, including the claims contained in the Petitions relating to retransmission consent negotiations.
Read more…FCC Opposition Release 8 23 FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Broadcast Group’s “THE NATIONAL DESK” to Premier Monday, January 18
- ABC 45-TV Announces Premiere of Local News in the Triad Market
- Sinclair Names Billy Robbins Vice President and General Manager of WBFF in Baltimore Maryland
- ViacomCBS and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Announce Affiliation Agreements
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV On Four Local Television Stations In Columbus, Ohio
- Sinclair Announces Promotions
- ONE Media 3.0 Launches its STIRR Radio App in Seattle
- Seattle Becomes Latest Large Market To Launch NEXTGEN TV With All Major Broadcasters
- Sinclair Closes Private Offering of Senior Secured Notes
- So Vang Joins ONE Media 3.0