Contact: Chelsea Koski
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP AND TRIBUNE MEDIA ANNOUNCE FILING OF FCC RESPONSE
Baltimore, MD (August 23, 2017) – Yesterday, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) and Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) (“Tribune”) filed their joint Opposition to Petitions to Deny the merger of the two companies.
While the Petitions to Deny rely to a large extent on speculation and unsupported assumptions, the Opposition nonetheless addresses each of the claims made in the Petitions, including the claims contained in the Petitions relating to retransmission consent negotiations.
Read more…FCC Opposition Release 8 23 FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair to Report First Quarter 2021 Results on May 5, 2021 at 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Sinclair Names Laurie R. Beyer to the Board of Directors
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Flagship Station WBFF-TV Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Ring of Honor Reaches 500th Episode with Special Fan-Picked Programming
- Sinclair Affiliate WGME Announces Investigative Reporter Jon Chrisos and the I-Team Win Prestigious IRE Award
- Sinclair Closes Partial Refinancing and Extension of STG Credit Facilities
- Sinclair Broadcast Group and Bally’s Corporation Formally Rebrand Regional Sports Networks as Bally Sports, Ushering in New Era for Live Sports
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Congratulates TSDSI and ATSC for Signing Standards Adoption Agreement
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Three Local Television Stations in Syracuse, NY
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Five Local Television Stations in Buffalo, NY