Contact: Chelsea Koski
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP AND TRIBUNE MEDIA ANNOUNCE FILING OF FCC RESPONSE
Baltimore, MD (August 23, 2017) – Yesterday, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”) and Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) (“Tribune”) filed their joint Opposition to Petitions to Deny the merger of the two companies.
While the Petitions to Deny rely to a large extent on speculation and unsupported assumptions, the Opposition nonetheless addresses each of the claims made in the Petitions, including the claims contained in the Petitions relating to retransmission consent negotiations.
Read more…FCC Opposition Release 8 23 FINAL
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Sinclair Regional Sports Networks Dropped by Hulu
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Six Local Television Stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Names Veteran Sports News Executive David Morgan as Vice President of Digital Sports News
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Executives to Participate on Virtual Panels at NAB’s 2020 Show New York
- President Trump Joins Eric Bolling on “America This Week” for an Exclusive Town Hall with Voters
- Sinclair Acquires Two Class A TV Stations in Washington, DC
- Missouri’s KRCG-TV Wins Coveted RTDNA National Edward R. Murrow Award for Outstanding Breaking News Coverage
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Five Local Television Stations in Oklahoma City, OK
- Sinclair to Report Third Quarter 2020 Results on November 4, 2020 at 7:30a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Major Broadcasters Launch NextGen TV on Four Local Television Stations in Austin, TX